jobberBase Community

Welcome to jobberBase Developer Community!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Announcement for new users: in order to combat the ever increasing spam, we no longer allow new users to post links in the message body. This limitation is automatically lifted once a new user has a specific number of 'valid' posts.

You can post links like google.com which will be rendered as text but you will not be able to post messages that contain complete URLs like www.google.com

Thank you for your understanding!

#1 2011-08-11 15:04:33

kleboe

Jobberbase Web Scraper (Clients have given me permission)

What I need or require:

A web scraper which will visit client sites (they have given prior permission for me to do this) and extract job details from their website and feed those results into my job board (jobberbase 1.9.1). There will likely be a requirement to adjust the scraper to each client site. I'd anticipate scraping 5 sites initially then there may be potential for an additional 20 to 40 sites on top. The scraper would run on a cron job every 24 hours.

The scraper would find 5 essential pieces of information:
1. Job Title
2. Pay or Salary information
3. Job Location
4. Job Description
5. The name or email address of the recruiter to apply to (there may just be the recruiters name on the job description in which case if the scraper found a certain value say, 'John Smith' then it would automatically know that their email address was john.smith@recruiter.com)
(There may be requirements for a few additional pieces of info but not many)

I would need some sort of error message if for whatever reason jobs could not be imported from a client site, maybe their design has changed. This error could be emailed to me and I can then come back to you for a fix.

There is nothing in the current website that performs any web scraping so this is a completely new feature.

Other context/requirements that contractors will need to know:
I don't need anything overly complex and I'm not looking for a user interface for the scraper unless you think it is necessary.

Specific expertise that I am seeking:
You should have experience in building simple web scrapers, your English language ability should be excellent/fluent.  Some experience of working with jobberbase would eb very helpful.  Also, I would want to discuss the project over the phone and via an online meeting to provide feedback in real time about bugs or issues I'm having.

Timeframe for delivery:
I need to have this up and running within 4 weeks.

I'm willing to pay an hourly rate (with an estimate for total hours) or fixed cost - your choice.

Thanks!!

Last edited by kleboe (2011-08-11 15:04:50)

#2 2011-08-20 19:41:52

James2011

Re: Jobberbase Web Scraper (Clients have given me permission)

Did you get a reply for this?

I have a contact that does this for property websites to creeate multimple feeds in xml/ CSV etc that may be able to help you.

Send me a PM if you want the contact - I'd also love to know how you got on.

J

Estate Agent Jobs | UK Property Forum
I'm not a developer but want to contribute to the Jobberbase community - message me if you want advice on SEO, SEM, Commercial models, PR, Social Media, Marketing, Relationship Building, Blogging, Outsourcing

#3 2011-08-30 11:59:05

kleboe

Hi James,

I've posted the job on Elance because there was no response here.  I've had 10 responses so far and I'll be making my final decision on who to go with by the end of the week.  We'll see how it goes!

Cheers

Kleboe

#4 2011-09-01 21:39:27

James2011

Can you let me know if you get this working, we might be able to share the cost...

Estate Agent Jobs | UK Property Forum
I'm not a developer but want to contribute to the Jobberbase community - message me if you want advice on SEO, SEM, Commercial models, PR, Social Media, Marketing, Relationship Building, Blogging, Outsourcing

#5 2011-09-02 20:06:30

dvtservices
DV Tech Services works for jobberbasecustamisation
Website

We are from www.dvtservices.com ,banagalore. we have very good experience with jobber base. we have 4 resources who know the jobber base very low level. if you are still looking for resources please let us know.

Regards,
DVTSERVICS Team

Last edited by dvtservices (2011-09-02 20:07:18)

Thanks &Regards
DV Tech Services Pvt Ltd
Email: venkat@dvtservices.com;   www.dvtservices.com  Bangalore. India
                             We are Ready to Resolve your problems ..... And Ready to work for jobber base customizations

Board footer